Alberta Community Partnership (ACP)
- The 2016/17 Alberta Community Partnership (ACP) budget is $20 million.
- The 2016/17 program guidelines and application form are now available for all components of the ACP.
- IC project eligibility has changed, focusing on projects that support intermunicipal land use and service delivery planning.
- IC application deadline was December 16, 2016. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. The application must include a certification that council resolutions supporting the project are in place. Partnerships that do not have the required council resolutions in place prior to the application deadline must provide confirmation of their resolutions to Municipal Affairs via email to email@example.com by February 3, 2017.
- IC project ranking criteria have been updated to ensure projects that directly produce frameworks for regional approaches to service delivery, such as shared service agreements or intermunicipal development plans, under core service categories receive the highest priority for grant funds.
- The IC project maximum is $200,000.
- Projects related to implementing regional services including facility construction, equipment purchases, pilots, training, and system upgrades are no longer eligible under the IC component.
- The IC application limit is one application per managing partner. Municipalities can participate as a project participant in more than one application.
- The Municipal Restructuring component grant thresholds have been adjusted to better reflect anticipated costs and grant formulas have been simplified to align restructuring and financial impacts.
- The ACP Online system (ACPO) is now available through MAConnect. ACPO gives municipalities the ability to:
- create, edit and submit ACP applications online;
- view and track the status of ACP applications;
- view agreement, payment, and reporting summary information for projects funded under ACP or the former Regional Collaboration Program (RCP); and
- create, edit and submit ACP or RCP Statements of Funding and Expenditures (SFEs).
The objective of the ACP is to improve the viability and long-term sustainability of municipalities by providing support for regional collaboration and capacity building initiatives.
Key program outcomes include:
- new or enhanced regional municipal services;
- improved municipal capacity to respond to municipal and regional priorities; and
- effective intermunicipal relations through joint and collaborative activities.
- Municipalities (cities, towns, villages, summer villages, municipal districts, specialized municipalities, improvement districts, and special areas)
- Métis settlements
- Townsite of Redwood Meadows Administration Society
- Capital Region Board and Calgary Regional Partnership
- Municipally controlled planning service agencies (eligible only under the Municipal Internship component to host a Land Use Planner intern)
- Provides funding to partnerships of two or more municipalities to develop or expand regional municipal service delivery.
- Provides funding to municipalities involved with regional governance and municipal restructuring processes such as amalgamation, dissolution, or viability reviews.
Mediation and Cooperative Processes
- Provides funding to municipalities to help develop collaborative protocols and processes to proactively manage conflict, and to enable municipalities to rely on an agreed-upon process for collaboration.
- Provides funding to support municipalities in using mediation, facilitation, or other dispute resolution alternatives to resolve inter-municipal conflict.
Additional information regarding Mediation and Cooperative Processes
- Provides funding to municipalities or planning service agencies to recruit, train and retain competent municipal employees who may pursue careers in municipal administration, finance, or land use planning.
Additional information regarding Municipal Internship
Application and Reporting Deadlines
- Intermunicipal Collaboration applications component were due by December 16, 2016.
- Applications for the Mediation and Cooperative Processes component, the Municipal Restructuring component, and the Strategic Initiatives component were accepted until February 1, 2017.
- For all components, final reporting is due within 60 days after the project completion date and is to be completed using the ACP Statement of Funding and Expenditures (SFE).
How to Apply
Project applications may be submitted through ACP Online (ACPO). Access to ACPO is through MAConnect, the web portal that provides external stakeholders secure access to Municipal Affairs’ key business applications.
Municipalities that have already signed up for MAConnect can request staff access to ACPO through the municipality’s MAConnect Stakeholder Administrator. The Stakeholder Administrator is the person delegated to manage access to applications in MAConnect on behalf of the municipality through the MAConnect Stakeholder Agreement. If the municipality needs to assign another Stakeholder Administrator, a request can be emailed to ACPOaccess@gov.ab.ca.
Municipalities that do not have access to MAConnect will need to enter into a Stakeholder Agreement before requesting access to ACPO. The Stakeholder Agreement can be requested by emailing to ACPOaccess@gov.ab.ca or contacting 780-644-2413 (toll-free 310-0000). Once the Stakeholder Agreement has been signed and returned to Municipal Affairs, the municipality will be able to request access to ACPO through their designated Stakeholder Administrator.
An ACPO user guide is available under Current Program Materials below.
ACP project applications, project amendment/time extension requests and SFEs can continue to be submitted by email, fax or mail.
Note: Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (the default browser for Windows 10) do not support Adobe fillable forms. To open an ACP application, Statement of Funding and Expenditure, or Project Amendment form, use Internet Explorer or right-click the file link to download and save the form, and then open a local copy using Adobe Reader, Acrobat or another compatible fillable PDF reader.
Current Program Materials
Compliance Program Materials
- ACP Statement of Funding and Expenditures (SFE)
- ACP Project Amendment and/or Time Extension Request Form