Safety Tips & Brochures
These fact sheets and brochures provide general information for building safety, personal emergency preparedness and fire and injury prevention. All files are in format.
Safety Tips brochures
- Private Sewage Treatment Systems - Separation Distances
- Private Sewage Treatment Systems
- Do I need a building permit?
- Secondary suite standards
- Installing a fireplace
- Finishing your basement
- Carbon monoxide safety
- Building a wood deck
- Structures near power lines
- Private Swimming Pools Hot Tubs and Spas
- Solid-Fuel-Burning Appliances
- Clearances from Gas, Propane and Electric Ranges
- Building a Detached Residential Garage
Around the home
For more Safety Tip Sheets visit the Alberta Emergency Management Agency website.