Municipal Census Manual Review
Municipal Affairs and Statistics Canada completed a technical review of the Municipal Census Manual. Key updates include:
- standardizing terms and definitions in the manual;
- aligning methodologies for data collection for enumeration;
- revising quality assurance standards for consistency with the federal census; and
- creating new forms to assist with data collection
Your opinion matters to us. Your input on key issues such as requirements for quality assurance, and the need to include self-administered or mail-out surveys to the municipal census will be included in the Municipal Census Manual Review.
We want to hear from you. We are counting on you, our partners and experts within the field of census enumeration, to help conduct a thorough and effective review of the Municipal Census Manual.
You can share your feedback untill January 2, 2019 via on these methods:
- Online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D2DJF9X.
- Complete the questions using the Municipal Census Manual Survey save it and send to Lgs.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail: Municipal Census Manual Review, 17th Floor, Commerce Place, 10155 – 102 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4L4
Feel free to answer as many questions as you like, depending on the topics that interest you. Please refer to the discussion document Municipal Census Manual Review, A Discussion Document on the Municipal Census in Alberta for more detailed information on the issues.
Municipal Affairs has scheduled the information sessions on the revised census manual. To register, use the following link: http://www.municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/online-event-registration?fuseaction=EventRegistration&EVENT_ID=192